RE6008 Introduction to Real Estate InvestmentInstructor: Mark Polon
This course will introduce the student to the motivations of investors in the commercial real estate market. It will allow students to see how investors make decisions based on the integration of information about market demographic trends, market leasing trends, and the specific cash flow trends of a property. Market cycles of specific property types will also be discussed.
- Different types of commercial real estate.
- The relationship between capital markets and space markets.
- Distinguish the difference between investor and user requirements.
- Recognize the primary valuation methodologies for assets.
- Name lease clauses that have the greatest impact on asset values.
- The lending process and leverage in the purchase of commercial real estate.
- Tax consequences of the ownership of commercial real estate.
- Explain the impact of capital markets on the value of real estate.
- Distinguish between the various kinds of commercial real estate.
- Identify and compare user and owner requirements.